For a dog lover, having to go on a vacation or a business trip while leaving your beloved dog behind can be quite difficult. In the past, you would have had to leave your dog under someone else’s care such as a family member or a person you entirely trust. You would have to give this person a key to your home to watch your dog. However, this situation would cause some anxiety as you wonder whether your pet is receiving proper care. Today, the best option under such circumstances is boarding your dog. If you are looking for homes that offer services in dog boarding Perth has numerous options available.
Aspects to Consider Before Choosing a Dog Boarding Facility
There are some factors you should bear in mind when you are considering boarding your dog.
- One thing you need do is establish whether the kennel can house your dog as most of them are usually full during the holiday season.
- You need also to walk around the home and see how the staff treats the pets. In so doing you can determine if they can meet the requirements of your dog. Be keen to assess the cleanliness and maintenance of the place.
- Inquire whether your dog will have a kennel where it can sleep as well as its diet. If your pet has a unique menu, you can find out if you can provide for it during its duration of stay. Additionally, you can ask whether the pet will exercise regularly and meet the people who will be in charge of it.
- Another crucial matter you should ensure regards to vaccination. Confirm whether all the other dogs have received immunization. Any reputable dog boarding Perth has for its clients also ought to have a vet who can handle any problems that your pet may have.
- Other crucial things you need to be concerned about while looking for the perfect boarding are ventilation and lighting of the kennel, temperature, and the bedding comfort. It would be better if you can find a dog kennel that is similar to the environment your dog is familiar with at home.
- Medication is also something you should consider. Ensure that the pet boarding kennel has enough supplies for any special health requirements your furry buddy may need.
- You should also confirm that your dog will be safe in the dog boarding Perth home and that it cannot get away from the facility. There is a high possibility that your pet will try to leave to look for its beloved owner, so this should be an important evaluation factor.
To find a good dog boarding kennel, you can ask acquaintances and family members for recommendations. You can also check with local veterinary doctor and pet stores to see whether they have any references.
If you are satisfied with the above considerations at a boarding home, you can pack your bags and go on your desired trip. You will be able to relax since your pet will be in a home away from home.